Friday, March 17, 2006

I Love Spring Break

Dear Son,

Yesterday Matt and I went to a sports bar down town called Jillians. We showed up just after 9 AM, and stayed there until about 9 PM, watching the first round of the basketball tournament and drinking too-expensive cheap beer. All day. For 12 hours. In the early afternoon your mom joined us, followed by some other folks. It was momentous.

Today I'm doing much the same thing, except from home. That, and I got a few chores done, like fixing the blinds in the bedroom. It's St. Patrick's Day today, so later we're going to a party with some friends from law school. In honor of our Irish heritage (well, I suppose you'll have some for real, but mine is limited to whatever genes the Vikings passed around a thousand years ago), I'm making a Guinness stew. Slow cooked beef and potatoes. In beer. Mmmmmm....

All of that, and my bracket is more or less in tact. Unless UCONN chokes, in which case I'm screwed.

It's not the tropical MTV spring break, but after this busy quarter, nothing sounded or felt as good as doing pretty much nothing. Plus, when you're already married to an awesome babe, the allure of getting drunk at the beach and starring at beach bunnies just loses its appeal. Sometimes doing nothing is the greatest thing you can ever do.

Love, Dad

No comments: