Friday, March 10, 2006

An Appology of Sorts

Dear Son,

I'm realizing that these early posts have the air of introduction, of "getting to know you". You'll probably have heard all of this stuff a million times by the time you ever read it. So if you start from the begining, you may even be a bit bored. "Gol, Dad! Nothing new here."

But right now, and take this in the spirit in which it's intended, you're a construct to me that I'm feeling out. I am getting to know you, and when you first meet someone new, the conversation starts out with some basic bio stuff. And who knows - I might change my mind about all kinds of things, in which case you'll NEED that introduction. (Probably not, though. Just sayin'.)

And of course, there ARE other people who read this. Not many. But it is a web log, after all.

All that, and this is still about me in a lot of ways. Sometimes I just want to express myself, and somehow the keyboard makes that easy for me to do. I've always been someone who thought better out loud, I think - so there will be rambling, incoherent entries. Oh yes. I'm not gonna lie. But you'll have some GREAT ammo later to tease me with.

So stand by for it. But you'll be getting to know me in a different way, too. And I'll be able to look back with you, and see myself evolve into the person who will actually BE your dad. This guy who's sitting at the dining room table in Shoreline, WA is just pretending.

I can't wait to hear your perspective on all of this. I think maybe when you graduate from college...

Love, Dad.

No comments: